Send A Message to other bishops in building?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
davesudweeks

Send A Message to other bishops in building?

Post by davesudweeks »

I am the ward clerk and we are the agent ward. Needing to use the Send A Message tool to send a message to all 3 bishops of the wards in our building. I cannot find a way to select the bishops of the other two wards using the tool and we can no longer send emails from the directory that lets us look up other ward leaders.

I provided feedback, but has anyone done this recently? Perhaps I'm missing something.
eblood66

Re: Send A Message to other bishops in building?

Post by eblood66 »

You can't get a direct list of bishops in your same building in the directory but you should be able to go to each ward, look under Organizations > Bishopric and then click on the bishop to get his contact information including his email address. It's a little more work than before since it doesn't show the email address on the Bishopric page but the information is still there.

In Android LDS Tools there is also a High Priests Quorum organization under the Stake that should have all the bishops on the same page. Again you have to look at each bishop to get the email address.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I have had to resort to using CDOL to send such messages. It takes patience and, I think, faster than using the Directory as it currently exists.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Thanks for the suggestions. I knew I could manually look up their email addresses and populate a email from my home email account. I was just hoping that there was an easier way. Hopefully my feedback will get the powers that be thinking about that kind of scenario. In my experience, it is a regular occurrence to need to send a message to various ward leaders in other wards one shares a building with. We share cub scouts and activity days across the three wards to cross-ward communication is a regular activity.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”