Multi-page receipts in mobile expense approval

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
gcstarr

Multi-page receipts in mobile expense approval

Post by gcstarr »

On the expense reimbursement site on LCR, if a multi-page receipt/invoice is scanned in as a single, multi-page PDF (or multiple receipts as separate pages in a single PDF), the receipt(s) properly display on the desktop version of the expense approval site. However in the mobile version of the site only the first page of the PDF is displayed, with no indication there are other pages/receipts. This is leading to difficulties for those approvers that primarily use their mobile devices for LCR functions.

Would it be possible to get a feature request added to support multi-page PDFs in the mobile version of the expenses site?

Thanks,
Greg
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Multi-page receipts in mobile expense approval

Post by rmrichesjr »

gcstarr wrote:...

Would it be possible to get a feature request added to support multi-page PDFs in the mobile version of the expenses site?

Thanks,
Greg
The primary mechanism for adding feature requests is to use the 'Feedback' link. This is a user-to-user mutual-help forum, so it's not likely this thread will be seen by anyone who can take any action toward solving the problem. In this case, I think it could be argued that it's more of a bug than a feature request.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gcstarr wrote:However in the mobile version of the site only the first page of the PDF is displayed, with no indication there are other pages/receipts.
How are PDFs displayed? Are they downloaded to the device? In that case, it's likely a limitation of the viewer on that device. I know some browsers will display PDF inside itself. In which case, it's likely how the browser handles it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

On my Samsung Galaxy S8 I cannot view attachments at all using the phone's browser or the mobile Firefox browser.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I asked my bishop to approve three expenses and one transfer today using his phone. He got as far as hitting the Review button on the expenses, but nothing appeared to happen.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

drepouille wrote:I asked my bishop to approve three expenses and one transfer today using his phone. He got as far as hitting the Review button on the expenses, but nothing appeared to happen.
That is what I experienced on my phone. I sent in feedback for the issue and recommend others experiencing the problem to do the same.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:I asked my bishop to approve three expenses and one transfer today using his phone. He got as far as hitting the Review button on the expenses, but nothing appeared to happen.
Being Sunday, it wouldn't surprise me at all but the server that holds the attachments is overwhelmed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”