Ministering assignments gone

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
eldeans

Ministering assignments gone

Post by eldeans »

Our RS ministering assignments disappeared a few days ago. I'm seeing a lot of threads about this happening, but I'm not seeing a solution. Can we get the assignments back? We just made a lot of changes and hadn't printed it out yet so we don't have any record besides what's in our brains. Thanks!
davesudweeks

Re: Ministering assignments gone

Post by davesudweeks »

Our ministering assignments are all there for both Elders and Sisters, at least as of a few minutes ago. Is it possible you have them in the "Proposed" tab and they have not yet been "published?" I believe the threads about the ministering assignments referred to a one-time event that caused a loss for some units. That was some time ago and not recent (and I think they programmed a fix to prevent it in the future).

I think when the servers get too busy, data does not load properly so you might try checking at a different time. Sundays are the worst time, as I understand, due to server load.
eldeans

Post by eldeans »

davesudweeks wrote:Our ministering assignments are all there for both Elders and Sisters, at least as of a few minutes ago. Is it possible you have them in the "Proposed" tab and they have not yet been "published?" I believe the threads about the ministering assignments referred to a one-time event that caused a loss for some units. That was some time ago and not recent (and I think they programmed a fix to prevent it in the future).

I think when the servers get too busy, data does not load properly so you might try checking at a different time. Sundays are the worst time, as I understand, due to server load.

Unfortunately they are totally gone. Proposed and Current are both empty and have been for at least 18 hours now. I've checked from different browsers and even the LDS tools app.
I wonder if the problem was that unknowingly my counselor and I were both working on changing assignments at the same time. Maybe it caused a glitch.
gaucho

Re: Ministering assignments

Post by gaucho »

Is it possible to order the ministering brothers with the more active companion as the first brother with the junior or less active brother below the "senior" companion. It seems the system by default places the brothers in alphabetical order which makes it a little cumbersome when looking at the districts and who a particular brother is assigned to. This option would be helpful but obviously not critical. Thank you.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

eldeans wrote:
davesudweeks wrote:Our ministering assignments are all there for both Elders and Sisters, at least as of a few minutes ago. Is it possible you have them in the "Proposed" tab and they have not yet been "published?" I believe the threads about the ministering assignments referred to a one-time event that caused a loss for some units. That was some time ago and not recent (and I think they programmed a fix to prevent it in the future).

Unfortunately they are totally gone. Proposed and Current are both empty and have been for at least 18 hours now. I've checked from different browsers and even the LDS tools app.
I wonder if the problem was that unknowingly my counselor and I were both working on changing assignments at the same time. Maybe it caused a glitch.
You should send feedback from the Ministering page. That feedback is read and passed to the programmers. I would do that sooner rather than later. Comments here on this user-to-user help forum will not necessarily get the attention of anyone with the wherewithal to look into it for your ward/branch. Perhaps someone else has some experience that may help, but I would not delay in reporting the behavior through the official tech support channel (feedback).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”