problem printing primary certificates -2019

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
HadfieldGR

problem printing primary certificates -2019

Post by HadfieldGR »

I have been trying to print primary advancement certificates for those who are moving up to young women and young men according to the new policy. When I go to try to print the certificates I cannot access the child's name. I can get older brothers and sisters and even fathers and mothers but cannot access the child that is advancing. The children that advance with the new directive are already shown as being in the young men and young women. We would like to still print out the advancement certificate but the LCR does not seem to allow this for some reason. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Eugene Hadfield
Plano 4th Ward clerk
davesudweeks

Re: problem printing primary certificates -2019

Post by davesudweeks »

If you review this post: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... nt#p190706

The church is aware of this and there is apparently not any plan to change it at this time. Children who move from primary to YM or YW are no longer recognized in Sacrament meeting so it may be time for this certificate to go away.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The certificate function won't let you select the members because they don't meet the old rules for printing the certificate. That function wasn't updated by January 1 due to the limited time the development teams had to complete the changes.

The product manager is aware of it and is working on determining what the final change will look like. I wouldn't expect to see anything "soon" (next few weeks). I'm not sure how soon it will make it on to a development schedule.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Thanks, scgallafent, for correcting my assumption. My daughter is Primary secretary in her ward and this has been a concern for her as well.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I cannot find it right this moment, but someone in another thread posted a way to print the certificate to a document and then just edit the name before printing.

Or if there is a way to print one without a name and then either overprint the names or enlist the talents of a calligrapher.

Just thinking out loud here.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

lajackson wrote:I cannot find it right this moment, but someone in another thread posted a way to print the certificate to a document and then just edit the name before printing.
5th post down from the top in this topic: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... nt#p190764

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”