Attendance Rolls Question

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dfullmer

Attendance Rolls Question

Post by dfullmer »

In LCR, attendance rolls can only be printed based on a yearly quarter (Jan-Mar, Apr-June, July-Sept, Oct-Dec), either the current quarter or the next one.

The data required by the quarterly report is based on the last month of each quarter.

Because attendance rolls are based on a quarter, we have to generate them at the beginning of the quarter. Therefore, by the time the reporting month comes around, the info on the attendance rolls is now more than 2+ months old. In my ward, there is usually several changes to those lists over the course of those 2+ months, making them inaccurate for the reporting month.

In MLS we used to have the ability to print the 3-month attendance rolls starting with whatever month we wanted. That was great because I could print them at the beginning of the reporting month so we had the most accurate lists for that month. At some point, that was taken away in favor of the quarter-based rolls we currently have.

Would it be possible to add the ability to print the 3-month attendance rolls based on a selected month rather than by quarter?
klricks

Re: Attendance Rolls Question

Post by klricks »

For the QR numbers instead of using the rolls, when it is time for the QR, I print the lists from the Potential column on the QR page.
I then take the list to the aux secretary or other presidency person and have them go over the list marking who attended.

Using the list from the QR is up to the minute accurate and prevents the secretaries from adding visitors or others who are not actual members of your ward. (When using rolls people were giving me attendance numbers > than actual number enrolled).
Assistant Ward Clerk
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

That is exactly what I do as well. Even so, I worry that some visitors and non-members are included in the final count. I try to ensure that all secretaries and presidencies understand the correct counting procedure.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
klricks

Post by klricks »

drepouille wrote:.......... Even so, I worry that some visitors and non-members are included in the final count.......
That is why I print the QR lists. Only ward members will be on the list. I retrieve the lists usually within the same hour so I know if the numbers are correct or at least I know that they haven't added any that should not be counted.
Assistant Ward Clerk

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”