Donor Statements-Only through September

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
craigdhardman

Donor Statements-Only through September

Post by craigdhardman »

Brethren,

When getting ready for Tithing Settlement we are supposed to generate Donor Statements for each member of the unit. The big problem I am finding is that the pre-generated statements only go through the end of September. Is there a reason for this? I can look at my own statement in LDS.org and see my own donations up to the current day. Why are the statements not complete especially when we have members who do not have computer access or accounts on LDS.org to verify their own statements? How can we rectify this problem?
eblood66

Re: Donor Statements-Only through September

Post by eblood66 »

The pregenerated statements are supposed to be printed and delivered prior to beginning any tithing settlements. Since tithing settlement can start mid October they are generated at the beginning of October with all transactions up to that time. They should be printed and distributed at that time.

I don't know of any direction to give out updated statements just prior to each tithing settlement. This used to happen in connection with the paperwork the bishop filled out during tithing settlement. But now the bishop generally does that online and there isn't any paperwork specifically for the settlement itself.

Of course, if someone desires an updated statement at that time (or at any other) you can generate a new statement for them.

And after the beginning of the year everyone who hasn't indicated that then want online statements will receive a statement with all transactions for the year.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”