Getting different versions of lds.org/LCR in different browsers

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dsalomons

Getting different versions of lds.org/LCR in different browsers

Post by dsalomons »

I'm getting a new version of lds.org/LCR in Google Chrome and I get the old version in Firefox. The new version in Chrome has many JavaScript issues so I use the version I'm seeing in Firefox. Many things in the Chrome version are broken like searching for members by name. Maybe I got put into a Beta test? I guess I could try clearing my cookies in Chrome, I just thought I'd report it first before doing anything about it.

New Version has a prominent turquoise button that says "My Account and Ward" and links to: https://www.lds.org/myaccount

Old Version does not have this button.
drepouille

Re: Getting different versions of lds.org/LCR in different browsers

Post by drepouille »

Very similar here. I see the old lds.org (which works) using Chrome at the meetinghouse on the clerk's computer. I also see the old lds.org (which works) using the Edge browser at home. But I see the new lds.org (which does not work with Directory or Calendar) using Chrome at home. Very strange things are happening.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mevans

Re: Getting different versions of lds.org/LCR in different browsers

Post by mevans »

I saw that yesterday, too. I happened to log in with one web browser and got the new menu (along with a survey). I also saw directory not loading. I tried a different web browser and everything worked fine. My guess is that they're doing some kind of A/B testing again.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”