Missionary Progress Report - People/Person being taught

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
hedeliusk

Missionary Progress Report - People/Person being taught

Post by hedeliusk »

I noticed both "People being taught" and "Person being taught" as a status in our Missionary Progress Report. The "People being taught" status is attached to individuals, so it doesn't seem to be exclusively for some sort of group record. I asked the missionaries in my ward if they knew what makes the difference between the two, they weren't sure, and couldn't figure it out. Does anybody here know?
mevans

Re: Missionary Progress Report - People/Person being taught

Post by mevans »

Are you looking on the People or Key Indicators tab? I took a look and don't think I understand what you're referring to. Or maybe you can provide a screen shot with confidential information blocked out so we can see.
hedeliusk

Post by hedeliusk »

I'm looking on the People tab. I zoomed out some and enabled the "People Being Taught" filter to take a better screenshot but it's there regardless of if the filter is enabled. I have eight "People Being Taught" and thirteen "Person Being Taught" records. The screenshot doesn't show all of that but it does show enough to illustrate my question.
Missionary Progress Record.png
(104.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hedeliusk wrote:The "People being taught" status is attached to individuals, so it doesn't seem to be exclusively for some sort of group record.
I'd think we'd have to have a better look at the individual records. My wild guess is that the "people" record was created as a group even if only a single name is shown. Considering the users, I would not bet on accurate data entry in this program. <grin>
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hedeliusk

Post by hedeliusk »

The odd thing is they are teaching a family, and some of the individual records are listed as people and some are person. They're also teaching an individual with no other family and his status is people. The missionaries didn't know know how to select one or the other when they input it. They looked into it more at my request but couldn't see anything.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”