RS Secretary Ministering Access

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
murphy.rick

RS Secretary Ministering Access

Post by murphy.rick »

The RS Secretary and Assistant Secretary in our ward have reported that they are unable to make changes to the RS ministering assignments in our ward. I have assigned both as a RS Ministering Secretaries, but they are still unable to edit and make changes for the RS Presidency. Is this as intended or is there something that I as a clerk need to do to allow them access? Please advise.
davesudweeks

Re: RS Secretary Ministering Access

Post by davesudweeks »

A couple of things to check:

1. Are they in standard callings or custom callings? Custom callings grant no access in LCR. Only standard callings do. You can tell a custom calling because it has an asterisk next to the calling title. According to the Access Table, RS Ministering Secretary has access to manage assignments, manage companionships, manage districts, view and record interviews. Also, it can take up to 24 hrs for the access to flow through the systems so the advice is normally to wait a day after the calling is recorded to be sure.

2. If they have more than 1 calling, they need to make sure the correct calling is active in order to get the access that calling grants. The last 2 posts in this thread explain how to do that: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... gs#p184310
murphy.rick

Post by murphy.rick »

They are the standard callings in the system. I understand the custom callings and the security, or lack thereof, that goes along with that.

They do both have more than one calling, so I will try item #2.

Thanks for your help.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

You need to wait a few hours between the time you record the calling and when access is available. It looks like you posted this message within a few hours of when you recording the callings. Is it working for them this morning?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”