LCR access for person with 2 callings

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
chriswoodut

LCR access for person with 2 callings

Post by chriswoodut »

I've got a brother that is the financial clerk and the EQ secretary. I have assigned him both callings. However, in LCR he doesn't seem to have access to print rolls. I'm not sure if this is because there are 2 callings and the system only looks at one for access rights, OR, if neither of these two callings have access to print rolls (which would be strange to me).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LCR access for person with 2 callings

Post by russellhltn »

There should be a drop-down list that allows him to select the calling to use for access.

I'm not sure where, probably in a upper corner a bit out of normal focus.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jirp

Post by jirp »

There is a yellow box in the center just below the LCR menu choices that lets you change callings. I have 2 callings with radically different permissions. The user with multiple callings clicks the down carat(down arrow) at the end of the yellow box and they can change what calling LCR uses for permissions at that moment. So if he has financial clerk selected then he will have completely different menu options than as EQ secretary.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

jirp wrote:There is a yellow box in the center just below the LCR menu choices that lets you change callings. I have 2 callings with radically different permissions. The user with multiple callings clicks the down carat(down arrow) at the end of the yellow box and they can change what calling LCR uses for permissions at that moment. So if he has financial clerk selected then he will have completely different menu options than as EQ secretary.
Fantastic, thanks. I didn't see that when I had him log in.
coda

Post by coda »

Did this option disappear? I'm not finding it anymore.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

coda wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:42 am Did this option disappear? I'm not finding it anymore.
It only appears for those who have more than one calling that grants access to LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
coda

Post by coda »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:00 am
coda wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:42 am Did this option disappear? I'm not finding it anymore.
It only appears for those who have more than one calling that grants access to LCR.
Yes, I have two callings listed, both with LCR access but not seeing the option to switch between them.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Are both callings entered as standard callings?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
coda

Post by coda »

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 11.50.39 AM.png
Yes, I believe so. The second was just recently added, perhaps it takes a day or two for LCR to update?

One would think the second calling would be superfluous after the first but that's a matter for a different discussion.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

coda wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:56 amOne would think the second calling would be superfluous after the first but that's a matter for a different discussion.
The assistant clerk position grants additional rights to membership records that the counselors do not have.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”