select member or find individual

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dblamb1

select member or find individual

Post by dblamb1 »

Yesterday I was able to issue temple recommends. Today when I logged in, the "select member" box will not find any member and I am unable to activate recommends. The "Find Individuals and Pages" search tool in Leader Resources is not working either. I rebooted the computer and it still didn't work. I then cleared cookies and browser history, and added lds.org to the always allow popups and always allow cookie settings. Then I rebooted again. It still doesn't work. I know that the missionaries were in here using the computer, and that they have a habit of plugging in memory sticks. I don't know what settings they might have played with, and I don't know what else to try to be able to issue recommends on this computer again.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: select member or find individual

Post by scgallafent »

Does it work for you on a different computer? That would help to identify whether it is an issue with that computer. After a quick check, I don't see any obvious problems that would be causing this for your stake.
daa389

Post by daa389 »

I am having this same issue with the Find Individuals and Pages feature. I followed similar troubleshooting steps without success. The feature functions perfectly on my smartphone, but not my laptop. I tried both Google Chrome and Firefox, so I suppose it may be an issue with my anti-virus software. I am using Avast Free Antivirus.
In the meantime, I guess I'll stick with using my phone for online people searches :cry:
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

We managed to reproduce this issue today -- on some computers. It breaks on mine but not on one of the other developers' computers. Fun. :)

We think we have isolated what is causing the problem. Not sure how soon it will be fixed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

There seems to be a lot of strange things with lds.org these days. I have a feeling it's a variation of "stale data" or "poison cookie". But it seems to resist some efforts to clear out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
daa389

Post by daa389 »

I'm very glad to hear it is being worked on :)

Thank you!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”