Image attachments in 'Send a message' application

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
e11752

Image attachments in 'Send a message' application

Post by e11752 »

When I try to attach an image in the Send a message application it is delivered in a format which is not read correctly, and is not view-able by the recipients. I tried with a .jpg file.

Are there known techniques for making images send either as attachments or inline images?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Image attachments in 'Send a message' application

Post by jdlessley »

Convert the image to PDF. I do this by way of MS Word. I insert the image in a Word document and then save that document in PDF format.

You could also use any converter program such as free JPG to PDF converters found online.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just tested a couple of different formats, including jpg and all worked fine. Is it all recipients or just a few with the problem in opening the attachment?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

And how large is the jpg file? Depending on the size it might get altered to be more email friendly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”