Ministering Sisters deleted, but not Ministering Brothers

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
davesudweeks

Ministering Sisters deleted, but not Ministering Brothers

Post by davesudweeks »

With the change during General Conference, I noticed that all the (former) Home Teaching assignments remained intact. However all the (former) Visiting Teaching assignments were deleted.

This is wreaking havoc with our RS President. Does anyone know the reasons behind transferring the HT to Ministering Brothers while not doing the same for VT? I'm trying to come up a good explanation which will help her move forward. Her comments to the sisters on how to minister to other sisters now (as expressed by my wife) have been "interesting."
eblood66

Re: Ministering Sisters deleted, but not Ministering Brothers

Post by eblood66 »

That didn't happen to our ward. We still have all previous assignments for both brothers and sisters. I'm guessing it was a mistake that happened during the data manipulations they had to do in connection with the various changes.

I'd call the global service center and ask them to look into it and whether they can restore the data from a backup.

EDIT: After scgallafent post, I guess the latter isn't an option unfortunately.
Last edited by eblood66 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

There shouldn't have been any changes to ministering sister assignments.

I took a look and it looks like all of your sister are unassigned. I'm not sure what happened. We haven't had any reports of a similar issue, but it looks like something went wrong. Realistically, there isn't an easy way for us to recover one ward's assignments. We could deal with a catastrophic failure of the entire database, but getting one ward's data at a specific point in time isn't something we have a process for.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Thanks for checking. I believe I can restore at least some of it from a hard copy I printed about a month before conference. Had I known significant changes were going to be made, I would have printed a backup copy the Friday before conference, but I also understand the need to not risk this announcement going public before it was public.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”