Assigning out-of-unit members as 'Ministering Brother/Sister'

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dlwalton

Assigning out-of-unit members as 'Ministering Brother/Sister'

Post by dlwalton »

How does one create a calling as Ministering Brother or Sister?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Assigning out-of-unit members as 'Ministering Brother/Sister'

Post by russellhltn »

I don't know as that's allowable. I know it wasn't possible for a out-of-unit member to be a Home Teacher or Visiting Teacher. I don't know if the same rules may still apply under the new system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbrummett

Post by jbrummett »

What we do in our Single Ward, is we print two copies of the assignment and hand write the person in. Both of our bishopric members want assignments but it would be nice to include out of unit members especially in a YSA ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jbrummett wrote:but it would be nice to include out of unit members especially in a YSA ward.
I suggest you talk to the stake president about kicking the idea upstairs. The developers don't have any say in this. They were specifically told that out-of-unit couldn't participate. This is decided by the Brethren - who do not visit this forum. Hence the suggestion to have the stake president take it up with his presiding authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Normally, out-of-unit members minister or receive ministering visits from their home ward – their home ward elders quorum or Relief Society president has stewardship for them.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
laiwong22

Post by laiwong22 »

Hi,
I have a very simple question, as a newly called Elders Quorum President, How do I assign and manage ministering assignments? LDS Tools? LDS.org? I have no idea
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

laiwong22 wrote:I have a very simple question, as a newly called Elders Quorum President, How do I assign and manage ministering assignments? LDS Tools? LDS.org? I have no idea
lcr.lds.org

Keep in mind that any changes you make will be seen by the membership even before the bishop gets a change to approve them.

Shaunferguson

Post by Shaunferguson »

How do we assign ministering couples? Also if we have a ministering couple and the father has a son that will be going on a mission but have him assigned with two families and one family he is assigned to his wife. How do we clarify that in the records? Any help much appreciated!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Shaunferguson wrote:How do we assign ministering couples? Also if we have a ministering couple and the father has a son that will be going on a mission but have him assigned with two families and one family he is assigned to his wife. How do we clarify that in the records?
Create a companionship with the husband and the wife as a ministering couple. Then create another companionship with the father and the son as a ministering couple. (Or vice versa.) Assign the appropriate families to each companionship.

When you try to create a second companionship for the husband, LCR will alert you that he is already in a companionship and ask if you wish to have him in the new companionship. Just say yes. He can be in both places at once.
davidnmoss

Post by davidnmoss »

How do you do this? How do you assign married couples as a companionship. That was the question and you said to just create them - how?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”