LCR down 4/1/2018 11:33 am MT -- when is it expected to be up?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
teuscher

LCR down 4/1/2018 11:33 am MT -- when is it expected to be up?

Post by teuscher »

Any idea when LCR will be working again?
davesudweeks

Re: LCR down 4/1/2018 11:33 am MT -- when is it expected to be up?

Post by davesudweeks »

After the afternoon session of conference. Updates are being done related to the announcement in the Priesthood session last evening.
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=31151
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

LCR has been back up for a couple of hours. There are still some background cleanup processes running, but things are humming along nicely.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

My unit looks done. All my EQ and HP leaders have been released, so they no longer have access to LCR or the Quarterly Report. Oh well, we will sort things out during ward council.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

drepouille wrote:My unit looks done. All my EQ and HP leaders have been released, so they no longer have access to LCR or the Quarterly Report. Oh well, we will sort things out during ward council.
I saw that home teaching and visiting teaching reports have been removed and HT/VT statistics will not be collected in the the current quarterly report. If all goes as requested by the brethren, there should be a very short lag until the new Presidency is called.
mevans

Post by mevans »

This was one of the best-coordinated organizational and policy changes with technology that I've seen. Elders and High Priests removed, but there's a report telling us who was removed so we know. Websites updated on a Sunday to correspond with the changes. Emails send out on Sunday regarding the changes. Home and Visiting Teaching has already been changed to ministering brothers and ministering sisters. I guess clearing out the Elders Quorum callings, too, kind of forces the issue on the stake presidents and bishoprics to act quickly on making the new callings.

Great job coordinating and planning this change. It's clear some effort was put in to all the changes so they happened now, rather than having them lag days or weeks after the announcement.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Indeed. It's unusually quick. Someone was working on a Sunday! I was almost surprised to see my email as I would have thought due to the mass mailing, it would have been classified as spam.

The only thing left is Handbook updates. ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I was almost surprised to see my email . . .
What email? And a (former) high priests group leader who had no other calling still sees the HP Group in LCR with all of the leadership positions. And under his Member Information page he is still the HPGL.

I wonder if that is part of the "background cleanup processes" and if it is still taking place.
mevans

Post by mevans »

lajackson wrote: What email?
I'm not sure why you didn't receive it. You can see the First Presidency letter here:
https://www.lds.org/mycalling/ministeri ... r?lang=eng
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mevans wrote:
lajackson wrote: What email?
I'm not sure why you didn't receive it.
Thanks for the link. I downloaded the letter from the Ministering site last night. I suspect the email will show up in a few days. They usually do.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”