Auxiliary Presidency Access to Manage Callings

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rheroux

Auxiliary Presidency Access to Manage Callings

Post by rheroux »

I am a stake clerk, and was recently asked to provide the Relief Society secretaries in my stake with training on technology. In preparing, I was surprised to learn that the RS Presidency (as well as the presidencies of the other Auxiliaries and Qm and Group) have access to add callings. This seems counter-intuitive to me. It would seem to be a better practice to keep that ability in the hands of the Ward Clerk (with his direct tie to the Bishop). This would help mitigate the risk that changes are being made without the appropriate review of the bishopric.

Can anyone help me understand what the purpose of this access is?

Thanks!
Ron
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Auxiliary Presidency Access to Manage Callings

Post by scgallafent »

It is to allow auxiliary presidencies to manage their organization information, as necessary. For Primary and Sunday School presidencies, this allows them to adjust teacher assignments (move between classes) as needed. For elders quorums and high priest groups, it allows them to manage callings where they may get approval from the bishop on a calling but the bishopric is not responsible for extending the calling or setting the person apart. It is also helpful in cases where the ward clerk may be behind in entering information and the auxiliary needs updated information.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

scgallafent wrote: It is also helpful in cases where the ward clerk may be behind in entering information and the auxiliary needs updated information.
This is definitely one of the main reasons! Some clerks never show up or do their calling.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think most clerks do a good job of keeping up with changes to the auxiliary and quorum presidency. But trying to keep up with all the little smaller callings and assignments can be a challenge - just from the communication aspect.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rheroux

Post by rheroux »

Thanks for the clarification!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”