Can I find the full Temple Recommend Questions in Leader & Clerk resources?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Patrick_Connolly

Can I find the full Temple Recommend Questions in Leader & Clerk resources?

Post by Patrick_Connolly »

It would be very helpful to have the full list of temple recommend interview questions somewhere in Leader & Clerk resources. I can find the Limited use recommend questions, but they are not complete and don't have the section on wearing the garment. We only have one interview book on our bishopric.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Can I find the full Temple Recommend Questions in Leader & Clerk resources?

Post by sbradshaw »

The instructions for wearing the garment that are read as part of a temple recommend interview are pulled from Handbook 1, section 3.4.5, which you can highlight and have handy if needed. I wasn't able to find the recommend questions themselves in the Handbook, though, and I don't think they're anywhere else on Leader and Clerk Resources.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Patrick_Connolly wrote:It would be very helpful to have the full list of temple recommend interview questions somewhere in Leader & Clerk resources.
They are in the temple recommend book and in a letter of instructions sent to stake presidents. Our bishop made one copy of the questions and kept it in the temple recommend book so that a counselor could interview at the same time. Our stake president gave a copy to each of his counselors.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

sbradshaw wrote:The instructions for wearing the garment that are read as part of a temple recommend interview are pulled from Handbook 1, section 3.4.5, which you can highlight and have handy if needed. I wasn't able to find the recommend questions themselves in the Handbook, though, and I don't think they're anywhere else on Leader and Clerk Resources.
While the content is similar, that section of Handbook 1 doesn't exactly match the statement on wearing the garment that is in the recommend books we have in our clerk's office. (It may have been changed since ours were printed, but I don't think our current recommend books are too old.)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

scgallafent wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:The instructions for wearing the garment that are read as part of a temple recommend interview are pulled from Handbook 1, section 3.4.5, which you can highlight and have handy if needed.
While the content is similar, that section of Handbook 1 doesn't exactly match the statement on wearing the garment that is in the recommend books we have in our clerk's office.
The statements are similar, but they have never been the same. The Handbook includes information that is not included in the interview, and the statement to be read to the member includes wording that is different from the Handbook.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”