Divorces and how to enter new spouse...

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
cboshdave

Divorces and how to enter new spouse...

Post by cboshdave »

I have a situation where the husband is the member. His ex-wife is entered as his current spouse (she is not a member). The husband is getting active now and his current wife (not a member again) is close to baptism. I would like to update the record. I have all the relevant info. But when I click on edit, I can't change the spouse's name. I can only change marriage details like where and when.

What is the process for this? Sorry, if I missed this in training somewhere. I have never seen the situation though.

Thanks,
Dave
eblood66

Re: Divorces and how to enter new spouse...

Post by eblood66 »

When you click the edit icon, it should show a button named 'Change Marital Status' (it's at the bottom of the marriage section--you may need to scroll). Click that button and select Divorce as the reason, enter the divorce date and save.
ashish

Post by ashish »

Please provide the link where I can change the status.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I can't provide a direct link because it would depend on the specific member in question. If you are a clerk (or the bishop), you can find the member profile in LCR (using Membership > Member List from the menu), then click on the Family tab and then click on the pencil icon to the right of the marriage information. The 'Change Marital Status button will then show at the bottom of the marriage section.

If you are not a clerk then you'll need to ask a clerk to make the change.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

If you are a clerk, assistant clerk-membership, or (I think) member of the bishopric, you can do this on LCR as well.

Go to the Member profile for the member.
Click on the Family tab
Click the pencil icon to the right of the marriage information
Scroll down and click the "Change Marriage Status" button and follow the prompts.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

davesudweeks wrote:If you are a clerk, assistant clerk-membership, or (I think) member of the bishopric, you can do this on LCR as well.
Of the bishopric, only the bishop can, not counselors.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”