Stake Youth Committee

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
drepouille

Stake Youth Committee

Post by drepouille »

My obsessive personality makes me point out this apparent inconsistency between these two standard calling names:
* Young Men Stake Youth Committee Member
* Young Women Stake Youth Committee
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mevans

Re: Stake Youth Committee

Post by mevans »

I suggest reporting it through the LCR feedback link. Hopefully that's an easy one for them to fix without a lot of discussion.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The real question for me is why are these callings listed at the ward level when they are stake callings
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jonesrk wrote:The real question for me is why are these callings listed at the ward level when they are stake callings
Perhaps because they are ward callings to serve on a stake committee? The bishopric calls the youth and sends them to serve with others at the stake. The youth represent their individual wards, not the stake. And the stake only gets the youth committee members that are sent to them to represent the wards.

None of the above is per the Handbook, of course, which says that the stake may invite youth to serve with adults on the Aaronic Priesthood-Young Women Committee.

But most stakes where I have lived still use the old-school process where wards are invited to send a Young Man and a Young Women to help the stake plan an event.

Or perhaps it is felt that it is easier for the ward to track this calling than to have the stake keep track.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

That may be. In my stake they are called by the stake and are on the committee for 1-2 years.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

In all the stakes I have been in where I have witnessed that process, they are recommended by the Bishop, but called by the stake.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

IIRC, the only "ward" callings extended by the stake were Melchizedek Priesthood callings. Now we have stake youth committee members, Seminary teachers, and I can't remember what else. While stake youth committee is listed as a ward calling, I admit that Seminary teachers are recorded as stake callings, even if they serve at the ward level.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A stake committee that includes representatives called by the ward is what's listed in the Handbook for YSA. (16.3.2) But I'd think they'd be known as Ward YSA reps.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”