Key Indicators & Family History Report - 1st 4 generations

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
barryhill

Key Indicators & Family History Report - 1st 4 generations

Postby barryhill » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Is there a place where I can get a definitive explanation of "First Four Generations of Family in the Tree" as it appears in Key Indicators and in the Family History Activity Report. The number is expressed as a percentage.

The first assumption would be that it is the percentage of members in the ward or stake that have completed all 15 names of a four generation family tree. The problem is that the number is near 50%. That would suggest that every active member (of every age) and a percentage of inactive members have four generations in Family Tree. I find this to be extremely unlikely,.especially since many of the other stats indicates a weak participation in FamilyTree.

Thanks for any insight.

Barry

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Key Indicators & Family History Report - 1st 4 generations

Postby russellhltn » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:03 pm

Good question. The first thing I wonder about is how easily it would be for one member to ride on the coat tails of another family member. For example, if the parents have completed a their 4 generation, then would the children (adult or not) be counted even if they've never signed into FamilySearch? What about the siblings of those who have completed their work?

It should be noted that the push for 4 generations is not new. And since this is a stat that counts a once in a lifetime accomplishment (as opposed to an annual one), I could see how it might be possible that some people are counted based on the old submissions (Ancestral File? Paper group sheets?) even if they have not logged into FamilySearch in many years.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”