High Council Access to Send Email

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
johnshaw

Re: High Council Access to Send Email

Post by johnshaw »

The handbook does say that the quarterly report is submitted quarterly, but that the stake may ask for these numbers more frequently - I don't see the value of seeing them monthly to see trends, etc... however, at he local level, a couple months with a family not attending or a youth not attending is TOO LONG not to notice so for me it's the quality and what it's being used for.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
BarryHill

Post by BarryHill »

:) I appreciate the input but I am not interested discussing individual views of how the stakes should communicate with wards. I have been both a bishop and an executive secretary to two stake presidents and I am on my second call as a high councilor. I have a pretty good handle on the pitfalls of over, under, and conflicting communications. My question has nothing to do with any of that or with "new systems". I am discussing access to existing systems to speed the authorized communication that is going to take place. The only question is whether it will take place by tedious cutting and pasting addresses, setting up personal mailing groups, or through the more efficient Clerk and Leader Resources email functionality that already exists.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The current functionality of the Directory seems to answer your question:
Email High Priests Group Leaders
Copy/Paste recipients into your email client of choice from the recipient list below:
As stated, any changes to the LCR "Send a Message" application need to be submitted and approved through priesthood channels.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

barryhill wrote::)The only question is whether it will take place by tedious cutting and pasting addresses, setting up personal mailing groups, or through the more efficient Clerk and Leader Resources email functionality that already exists.
It seems the system was designed to limit, and nearly eliminate this kind of communication. You never set your best hiker at the front of the line eh? There's lots of things in the church that would be more efficient if we could just do it differently, but for some reason we're purposely limited and it's probably for good reasons.

Frankly I don't see that there is any real hindrance to what you're trying to accomplish than to just send to the Clerk/ExecSec to use the official system.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
BarryHill

Post by BarryHill »

Thanks Dana, for now that is my approach although my Stake President is considering a calling as assist exec sec to grant the functionality to easily contact all temple and family history consultants and high priest group leadership to carry our his objectives with temple work and family history.

Also thanks to others that addressed my question.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Assistant executive secretaries don't have access to the Send a Message tool either – only stake presidency, stake clerks (with assistants) and the stake executive secretary.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
BarryHill

Post by BarryHill »

Thanks Samuel, that is very useful information.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”