Why is 'Send a Message' not available to EQ Presidents?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
tevitah

Why is 'Send a Message' not available to EQ Presidents?

Post by tevitah »

Hello,

I was once serving in the Bishopric as the Executive Secretary and EQ President for my ward. After several years, I was released as the Executive Secretary and now just serving as the EQ President. I have lost access to the 'Send a Message' tool and it's clear when I check the 'Access Table' in LCR that it's not available to anyone outside of the Bishopric. Can this be changed? I found the tool very useful when I was doing double duty to communicate with my EQ. I would use the tool to communicate move-ins\move-outs, building cleanup, inclement weather, HT assignments, etc...

If it's a security concern why someone outside of the Bishopric can't have access; can we modify the tool so the president of an auxiliary can only message their auxiliary and not the entire ward?

Mahalo,
Brother Halatokoua
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Why is 'Send a Message' not available to EQ Presidents?

Post by jdlessley »

As the EQ president you can send a message to the EQ membership by using the "Email all elders..." feature in the LDS.org Directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tevitah

Post by tevitah »

Thank you, JD! I also noticed that you can email other auxiliaries with this tool.
mevans

Post by mevans »

You could also ask a member of the bishopric or an assistant clerk to send a message for you. One of the assistant clerks in our ward has occasionally done that for some auxiliaries.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”