Welfare Specialist

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:24 am

Welfare Specialist

Postby llwheeler58 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:16 pm

I was recently called as the ward welfare specialist and made part of the ward council and P.E.C. My responsibilities are to assist the members of our ward in all aspects of their self reliance and welfare needs.

My issue is that I do not have access to any of the leadership and welfare portions of LDS.ORG. The ward clerk has set me listed in the directory as the welfare specialist under other callings. How do I get access to information needed to fulfill my calling?

Community Administrator
Posts: 24419
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Welfare Specialist

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:15 pm

It typically takes 24 hours before rights become active. That said, I'm not sure what rights you might have. The only way to gain rights is to hold a standard position (as defined by the Handbook) that grants those rights. Off the top of my head "welfare specialist" doesn't ring a bell. There's Employment Specialist - that's a standard calling.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
Senior Member
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 4:14 am
Location: Watford, England

Re: Welfare Specialist

Postby Biggles » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Self Reliance Specialist is also a Standard calling!

Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1650
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: Welfare Specialist

Postby jonesrk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:24 pm

The standard positions for Employment and Welfare are:

At the ward level
  • Disability Specialist
  • Welfare Specialist
  • Employment Specialist
  • Self-Reliance Specialist
At the stake level
  • Stake Disability Specialist
  • Stake Welfare Specialist
  • Stake Employment Specialist
  • Stake Self-Reliance Specialist
  • Stake Self-Reliance Facilitator

The release notes for LCR 4.1 include
Added LCR access for self-reliance specialists

So if your bishop wants you to see information in LCR that would likely be the best choice of callings for them to list you under.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk

New Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Welfare Specialist

Postby McLaughlinES » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:37 pm

According to the access table, even though welfare specialist is a standard calling it has no LCR access. Employment Specialist has access to "Individuals Requesting Employment Help". Self-Reliance Specialist has access to "Individuals Requesting Employment Help" and "PEF Participants". That is quite limited and not exactly what you are anticipating. Every member of the ward council has different access based on their calling.

User avatar
Senior Member
Posts: 2068
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Syracuse, UT

Re: Welfare Specialist

Postby johnshaw » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:44 am

It appears the online tools you're thinking of are likely limited to the Bishop/RS President.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests