Attachments in "Send a Message"

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Attachments in "Send a Message"

Postby zaneclark » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:35 pm

I love the improvements in the recently updated Send a Message, but unless I am missing something, I still can't see a way to add attachments such as photos. I send a weekly newsletter to the ward, and would like to use LCR, but when I want to include photos, I have to use the cut and paste Directory email all. Would there be some way to use attachments in LCR?

supersc

Re: Attachments in "Send a Message"

Postby supersc » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:01 pm

I have the same issue. We desire all in our stake to receive information, and inline text does not serve the purpose solely.

Links do work but the newsletter capability has been removed from lds.org to store .pdf files for instance, which could previously be linked in a "Send Message".

Are there any plans to either add attachments as a capability to Send Message, or create a safe haven for storing documents or flyer tyle inages that require ligin to lds.org to access?

The alternatives are not pretty and are what the world is doing as a work around: unsecured drop boxes, blogs, social media, instagram, etc. So we have 10s of thousands of individuals finding their own, ynsecure ways.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”