Family History/ Activity Report/ Leader and Clerk Resources

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dbyram

Re: Family History/ Activity Report/ Leader and Clerk Resources

Post by dbyram »

I believe the members submitting names (must be printed out or shared with the Temple) is unique. Meaning if a member submits 10 names in a given month it only counts as 1 submitted. I have attached some pdf files that address this...Must admit it is rather confusing so you may need to read it more than once. You should have access as a leader to the FHAR (Family History Activity Report)...it is located under the Reports menu on LDS.org. Hope this helps.
Attachments
FHAR 2017 Description.pdf
(465.08 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
STAKE KEY INDICATOR REPORT DESCRIPTION.pdf
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 423 times
dbyram

Post by dbyram »

My calling (should say one of my callings) is Stake Temple & Family History Lead. My calling is recorded correctly but I can only view the FHAR for the current month of our ward ONLY. Shouldn't I have access to all wards and branches in our Stake? How do I support the lead TFHC in other wards and branches without the metrics that exist only to leaders in the various wards and branches? Thanks for any help.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

You have multiple callings. When you want to view the stake report, you need to make sure you have selected the stake role. Look for the yellow field at the top right of the LCR page with your calling in it.
dbyram

Post by dbyram »

Thank you bunches! I feel a bit stupid as I didn't realize the connection between the yellow highlight and the report options. There it was right in front of me.
cbmcmurtrey

Post by cbmcmurtrey »

What counts as a "submission?" I would assume that if it is released to the temple it would count, but does it also count if the card is printed at home? Just want to make sure I understand what it is actually measuring. Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cbmcmurtrey wrote:What counts as a "submission?" I would assume that if it is released to the temple it would count, but does it also count if the card is printed at home? Just want to make sure I understand what it is actually measuring. Thanks!
The documentation (as included in this post) clarifies that indeed printing a card at home counts as a submission:
Submit: Submit the name of an ancestor for temple ordinances by:
o Printing a Family Ordinance Request (FOR)
o Printing a Family Ordinance Card
o Sharing a name with the temple for ordinances to be performed
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm curious about cards that are printed multiple times. I frequently reprint, after doing one or two of the ordinances. Since everything is tracked online, printing again makes sure I have all the most accurate and up-to-date info – and I don't have to worry about cards getting lost or torn. I hope I'm not skewing statistics by doing that.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
MickelsonBJ

Post by MickelsonBJ »

Question: "members submitted a name year to date"...Does that mean "This is the number of members who found someone who wasn't in FamilySearch, added them, and now that ancestor has a card printed off"? Or does that mean, "This member reserved this ordinances for an ancestor"?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

MickelsonBJ wrote:Question: "members submitted a name year to date"...Does that mean "This is the number of members who found someone who wasn't in FamilySearch, added them, and now that ancestor has a card printed off"? Or does that mean, "This member reserved this ordinances for an ancestor"?
Please see the post two posts before yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbyram

Post by dbyram »

I no longer have access to the FHAR. Has something changed as far as who is allowed to access these reports? I am a Stake and Ward Temple and Family History Consultant. Thank you.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”