Quarterly report averages?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Quarterly report averages?

Post by lajackson »

mamouneym wrote:How do we record attendance of Full-time missionaries serving from our wards and branches?
If we have their membership records and they show up on our rolls (which they should), we count them as 100% attenders for Sunday School, Relief Society, and priesthood meeting, as appropriate, just as we do our Primary teachers and Young Men and Young Women advisors. Anyone in a stake calling gets the same treatment.

I suppose it would be nice to have a radio button to click, but would you just put one for the last month of the quarter, or would you put 12 or 13 so you could truly track attendance? That would be a lot of radio buttons. I wonder how many actually would use them.

And for sacrament meeting, I suppose a simple automated method would be to start with the number of folks logged onto the firewall WiFi, add the number of infants, young Primary children, and old grandparents who don't have a smart phone, and then subtract the number of folks with more than one device, i.e., laptop, tablet, iPad, etc. That sure would be a lot more interesting than counting sacrament cups!

But with the way people come and go during sacrament meeting, I find it is challenging enough to get an accurate count just by adding up the physical bodies. Fascinating, those instructions, aren't they? [grin]
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

We have been told to count ears and divide by two.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I really want to train the auxalaries to track only what is needful to the organization, Bishop, or Church. As a clerk that means that I'm only concerned with the information that is reported. So only one set of radio buttons for that appear for the last month of the quarter that feeds the appropriate field in the quarterly report.

The only thing the Bishop has mentioned that he wants, over and above what's on the report, is a weekly sacrament meeting count. I have a tap counter app on my phone. It clicks so I turn down the volume. Each tap counts so I simply tap as I walk down an isle through the chapel during the meeting.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I try to keep data collection as simple as possible. I open the quarterly report, click on each "potential" link to open the list of members in each group, and copy/paste their names into an email. I simply ask, "How many members in this list attended the meetings of your organization in March?" Six out of nine young women -- check.
It gets a little tricky with the EQ and HP groups, but I break those out into elders, prospective elders, and high priests. We only have one active prospective elder, so that answer is always easy.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Great idea ! I wish there was something like that on LCR. A tab under organizations for each organization which read "quarterly report data". It would simply be a list of members with a yes no selection and a question heading saying "did this person attend at least once during the last month of the quarter?" and showing the total at the bottom (feeding the appropriate field in the report). It would be doing the same thing as you do only without the step of a clerk sending an email or dependency of someone at the other end checking and responding.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”