Printing character format is incorrect for Latvian

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
laurix967

Printing character format is incorrect for Latvian

Post by laurix967 »

Hello.

In my latvian language we have long signs and soft signs over or under the letters. I noticed that when I press the button print, in the preview alot of letter with soft signs or long signs are cutted out, what makes the content not readable and not usable.

For example:
Artilērijas iela word in printing preview and if it is printed looks like this Artilrijas iela
Institūta iela in printing preview Institta iela

So for some reason letters: ū, ī, ā, č, ņ, ē, ķ, ģ, ļ are cutted off from the text. But the letters: š and ž are still present.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Printing character format is incorrect for Latvian

Post by scgallafent »

We did some digging and finally managed to reproduce this. If you are viewing LCR in English, the font being used to generate the PDF report does not include the characters with those diacritical marks. If you are viewing LCR in Latvian, the font that is selected includes the appropriate characters with diacritical marks. We have logged the bug.

Note: It is helpful when more specific detail is included in reports like this. In this case, it would have saved us some time to know it was the home teaching companionship report.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”