HELP!!! I accidentally deleted a home teaching district

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jcide

HELP!!! I accidentally deleted a home teaching district

Postby jcide » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:56 pm

I accidentally deleted a home teaching district and I lost all the companionships and their assigned families. Does anyone know who to contact or how to get them restored? Thanks.

eblood66

Re: HELP!!! I accidentally deleted a home teaching district

Postby eblood66 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:14 pm

You can ask your ward clerk to call the Global Service Center and see if they can do anything. But I really doubt there is any way of restoring that data. You'll probably have to reenter all of it. If you don't have a printout of the assignments you may be able to get the data from LDS Tools on a mobile device assuming it hasn't sync'd since the district was deleted.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:03 pm

I'm a little surprised that deleting a district would delete the companionship and assigned families. Is it possible they're all in a "unassigned" district?

I've never heard of anyone getting their data rolled back.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

jokamura

Postby jokamura » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:09 am

This happened to our HP recently and we used the same method above: find a device that hadn't sync'd yet.

I recommended that in the future he download the PDF and update the file as he/they make changes. Always good to have a backup just in case.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”