Assignment to a leadership role

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
susanfreitas

Assignment to a leadership role

Post by susanfreitas »

I am trying to replace the name of a visiting teaching supervisor with another name. This name is apparently not on the list of those with leadership roles. It tells me to try to assign a leadership role "here." How do I do that, or is that beyond my authority? I am the Visiting Teaching Coordinator. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Assignment to a leadership role

Post by russellhltn »

It may require a member of the RS to assign the calling of VT Supervisor. I'm not sure as a Coordinator would have the rights to do that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
McLaughlinES

Post by McLaughlinES »

Visiting teaching supervisors need to be assigned that calling in the organization/RS first which would probably be a release of the prior member at the same time just like all other callings. Then in the VT section, the newly called supervisor will be in the available pull down.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

McLaughlinES wrote:Visiting teaching supervisors need to be assigned that calling in the organization/RS first which would probably be a release of the prior member at the same time just like all other callings.
Since you can have multiple VT Supervisors, I doubt if it would cause an automatic release. That does happen for callings where you an only have one person in that position. For example, ward clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
McLaughlinES

Post by McLaughlinES »

That's true. Since the RS presidency are automatically included in the pull down of available VT Supervisors, replacing them with a newly called supervisor would only require the entering a new calling for supervisor in the organization tab then in the VT companionship page to edit districts and change the supervisor using the names in the pulldown.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”