LCR 4.0 last ward

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mfmohlma

Re: LCR 4.0 last ward

Post by mfmohlma »

scgallafent wrote:I had someone check your membership record. Your prior unit really is* Address Unknown. LCR 4.0 is reporting it correctly.

* Having said all of that, the record was corrected so that you now will see the prior prior unit as the prior unit. Your prior unit "was" address unknown.
Perhaps this should be feedback that in the case of the prior unit being "Address Unknown" it would be very useful to always have knowledge of the 'prior prior' unit as you say. There is no one to contact if the prior unit is solely Address Unknown.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

mfmohlma wrote:
scgallafent wrote:I had someone check your membership record. Your prior unit really is* Address Unknown. LCR 4.0 is reporting it correctly.

* Having said all of that, the record was corrected so that you now will see the prior prior unit as the prior unit. Your prior unit "was" address unknown.
Perhaps this should be feedback that in the case of the prior unit being "Address Unknown" it would be very useful to always have knowledge of the 'prior prior' unit as you say. There is no one to contact if the prior unit is solely Address Unknown.
I let the developer know already.

In the case of the OP it was several years ago, I don't know why you would be contacting the prior unit then, but I agree it would be nice to show still. With the change they made if the address unknown and the unit before that was within the last year you would see both.
michaelcox

Post by michaelcox »

scgallafent wrote:
michaelcox wrote:Ok but this is not the same issue that I reported. In LCR 3.4 and LDS Tools it correctly shows the prior unit we lived in and our records were in. LCR 4.0 incorrectly lists prior unit as Address Unknown.
LCR 3.4 did not show when the previous unit for a member was "Address Unknown." It jumped over the address unknown record in the history and showed the unit before that. LCR 4.0 now provides that information.

I had someone check your membership record. Your prior unit really is* Address Unknown. LCR 4.0 is reporting it correctly.

Hmm, crazy. It must have been in unknown address for roughly 5-minutes. I guess that is actually more concerning then. As the Ward Clerk if I need to contact a prior Bishop and they have been in the Ward I won't see the prior Ward if they were in the Unknown Address File.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

michaelcox wrote:Hmm, crazy. It must have been in unknown address for roughly 5-minutes. I guess that is actually more concerning then. As the Ward Clerk if I need to contact a prior Bishop and they have been in the Ward I won't see the prior Ward if they were in the Unknown Address File.
You will see the prior ward if they have been in that ward within the last 12 months. Otherwise the GSC should be able to provide the bishop with the prior unit in the rare cases where it's needed after more than a year.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”