Attach a document on "send a message" in LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
barwillhansen

Attach a document on "send a message" in LCR

Postby barwillhansen » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:44 pm

I am a stake executive secretary and I maintain my own dist list for stake leaders. I send weekly communications from the stake to Bishoprics, stake council etc. I have a format created in Word that many appreciate to receive these communications. Is there any way I can attach these documents on the "send a message" function on LCR? When I cut and paste from the document, all formatting is lost. Thanks for any advice or information of upcoming features.

glenrsaul

Re: Attach a document on "send a message" in LCR

Postby glenrsaul » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:43 pm

I second the request to attach documents via the "send a message" feature.

There are often times that the stake emails documents to ward leaders that ward leaders would like to forward to the ward council, youth leaders, or other ward groups, but have to either: A. Manually copy those emails from the directory to a separate email client, or B. Store the document online somewhere (Google Docs, Dropbox, etc) that allows you to send a link to the document which can then be included in the email through "send a message."

cbsturg

Postby cbsturg » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:26 pm

I would also love to see this. In fact, I'm willing to write the code to make it happen if it would help move it along...

mckaynmurdock

Postby mckaynmurdock » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:20 pm

"Second" from me too! Definitely would help in Ward Newsletter distribution. I think Google just released a new spam catcher update, my usual method of emailing the ward as bcc list via Gmail no longer works. Maybe if we get enough Exec Secs to post on this thread it will happen!

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:09 pm

mckaynmurdock wrote:Maybe if we get enough Exec Secs to post on this thread it will happen!

That's not the way the church works. And the decision-makers do not look here.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

chadtaylor7

Postby chadtaylor7 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 am

Would be amazing to have ability to attach documents to the official communications app. Would save a lot of time.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”