Budgets and Fundraisers

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
marc_spafford

Budgets and Fundraisers

Post by marc_spafford »

I don't know if this is the correct place for this, but as a Young Men's President it would be very useful to be able to look at the youth combined, scout, and Young Men budgets online instead of going to a member of the bishopric or ward financial clerk. Also being able to see fundraisers put on by the scout troop.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Budgets and Fundraisers

Post by aebrown »

marc_spafford wrote:I don't know if this is the correct place for this, but as a Young Men's President it would be very useful to be able to look at the youth combined, scout, and Young Men budgets online instead of going to a member of the bishopric or ward financial clerk. Also being able to see fundraisers put on by the scout troop.
You can have a discussion here, but this is just a community forum, so it's unlikely that the right people will see your post. If you want a decision maker to see your request, you should use the Feedback link on LCR on LDS.org.

I can see how you might find such financial access convenient, but I rather doubt that such access would be granted anytime soon, if ever. However, as a former clerk, I know that I was always happy to give such information to those with an appropriate need to know. It was generally easy to do and not a problem at all. So for now you just need to rely on your ward clerk or ward financial clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Given that wards do not have a standard layout of accounts, it would be difficult to implement the view rights needed. I would not expect this anytime in the next few years - if at all.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
twhayne

Post by twhayne »

As a Ward Clerk, I would just like it if the Budgets set in MLS actually synced to LCR under Finance. Then I would be able to quickly run said report from my phone etc and send it via email to requesting auxiliaries without the need to go into the Clerks Office.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”