Draft changes on Home Teaching Assignments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
joe.becar

Draft changes on Home Teaching Assignments

Post by joe.becar »

It would be very helpful to have some way to make draft changes to the home teaching assignment, while still retaining the current assignment for reporting, etc. until you actually "submit" the changes and have informed the companionships. I've encountered several times when I am moving people around on the website to see how everything looks (at the end of the month, or very beginning, when we are also doing reporting) and all of a sudden I've lost what the assignments were last month. Is this functionality already there and I'm missing it? If not, I think it'd be a very easy change that would help a lot.
eblood66

Re: Draft changes on Home Teaching Assignments

Post by eblood66 »

No, there is no way of doing that at this time. It's come up on the forums before but we haven't heard of an plans to make a change like that (but we seldom hear about changes in advance).

You can use the Feedback link in LCR to make the suggestion but I'm pretty sure the product manager and decision makers are aware that something like this could be useful. But even if they want to do it eventually, it will probably be quite some time. The developers still have quite a bit of work left in order to finish moving all MLS functionality to LCR and I don't think this kind of thing will be considered before that's complete. But you never know. We've been surprised before.

One really challenging aspect of this kind of change is how to do it without making the interface more complicated (and therefore making it harder for the less technically inclined leaders to use).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”