Finance: Can't merge to Out of Unit participant

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mfmohlma

Finance: Can't merge to Out of Unit participant

Postby mfmohlma » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:24 pm

Using the new functionality on LCR, I can't seem to merge a 'Nonmember' participant record with an 'Out of Unit' participant. We have grandparents that are donating to missionary grandchildren now using the online donation tool. We have some older (mailed) donations that were credited to another participant entry not connected with their member record. Every time I try to use the "Merge" function to merge with their Out of Unit member participant entry, I get the following error:

Something went wrong
The system was not able to perform the merge. Please try again later.

Merges with member records in the ward work fine. Merging these records is critical so that the donor records seen by the donors in the online system are correct.

Anyone else seeing this?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Finance: Can't merge to Out of Unit participant

Postby russellhltn » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:45 am

Worse come to worst, how hard would it be to re-assign the donations to the correct person, leaving the 'nonmember' with nothing?
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

mfmohlma

Re: Finance: Can't merge to Out of Unit participant

Postby mfmohlma » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:59 am

That was my workaround for a few donations, but for each one we have to print out and file a "change form" for the auditor. I stopped after 3 or so and filed a feedback on this issue (and posted here).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”