Stake YW Access Missing Data

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
christober72304

Stake YW Access Missing Data

Post by christober72304 »

Our Stake YW Secretary is trying to use the member list in LCR to see all youth they are working with. For some reason the YW don't show up, but other adults do. This isn't useful...help? See attachment.
Attachments
IMG_1171.JPG
(1.31 MiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake YW Access Missing Data

Post by russellhltn »

From the LCR FAQs

"Why do stake and auxiliary leaders and high councilors have only limited access to LCR?

"Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk."
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
christober72304

Post by christober72304 »

So I'm aware of why it's not given, let me get to the core of the question. I understand I will need to get this, which I can by creating a custom report in MLS. Are they planning to provide custom reporting in LCR? If not, then the language should be worded more strongly around what kinds of reports clerks can create. Thoughts?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

We've heard that some form of custom reports is on the roadmap for the future, in Leader and Clerk Resources.

For this case, though, if you're a stake clerk, it's even easier – you can go to the Member List and filter by Young Men or Young Women:
https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/records/mem ... t?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

christober72304 wrote:So I'm aware of why it's not given, let me get to the core of the question. I understand I will need to get this, which I can by creating a custom report in MLS.
You seem to be saying that you will need to generate the report in MLS and give it to the Stake YW Secretary, even though she has not been granted access to the data herself via LCR. It could be prudent to consult with your stake president or appropriate counselor in the stake presidency about whether that is the right approach. The policy guidelines discussed in that FAQ were put in place for a reason, and so there might be good reasons to support those policies and refrain from using your stake clerk access to essentially work around the restrictions placed upon LCR. Of course, the FAQ does anticipate that you as stake clerk might be asked to generate such lists, so it is certainly not inappropriate for you to do so, but still it seems like the stake presidency might want to discuss the role they want the stake YW presidency to fill in this regard.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”