Suggestion: Patriarch access to potential Stake members who could be considered for a Patriarchal Blessing

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sj3vans

Suggestion: Patriarch access to potential Stake members who could be considered for a Patriarchal Blessing

Postby sj3vans » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:55 am

When I go to the Access Table in LCR and set the Role to Patriarch, I can see that he has no additional access. Please consider adding access to allow him to see and contact those who might be good candidates for a Patriarchal Blessing, particularly the youth of that age. At first glance, this might include the following access at a Stake level (not just his ward):

Membership Information : View Member Profiles
Reports : Birthday List
Reports : Member List
Reports : Members Moved In
Reports : New Member

If there is a better place to suggest this, please let me know. Thanks.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Suggestion: Patriarch access to potential Stake members who could be considered for a Patriarchal Blessing

Postby russellhltn » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:08 am

From the October 2002 General Conference: "Patriarchs do not advertise for blessings." It's up to the local leaders to encourage, interview and refer members to him.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sbradshaw

Re: Suggestion: Patriarch access to potential Stake members who could be considered for a Patriarchal Blessing

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:43 am

Also, Leader and Clerk Resources doesn't show who has already received a patriarchal blessing and who hasn't – I wish it did – but currently there would be no way to filter by that.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

sj3vans

Postby sj3vans » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:31 pm

@russellhltn, Thank you for that Conference reference. I'll pass it on to the Patriarch who made this request.

@sbradshaw, that is a good point. We just sustained a new Patriarch who is very tech savvy and I'm sure that will be one of his first question to me! I could definitely see a useful report available to Bishops and the Stake Patriarch on who has not received a Patriarchal Blessing.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:05 pm

It might do well to review Handbook 1:15, in particular 15.3. I tried to look for the publication referenced, but didn't find it on-line. But it would be good to make sure the Patriarch in question has this publication.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sj3vans

Postby sj3vans » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:40 pm

Thanks russellhltn. I couldn't find it online either. I did find this: "Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting: The Patriarch" (booklet, 25240; DVD, 25241 090). I'll track it down.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:14 pm

Information and Suggestions for Patriarchs will not be available online. The stake president can obtain it if he and/or the patriarch do not have a copy.

Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting: The Patriarch also provides excellent training information. The stake president uses these two documents (and inspiration and revelation) to train a new stake patriarch, and as he visits with the patriarch from time to time.

The talk by President Boyd K. Packer is the best I have ever heard on the subject. It is the next best thing to reading Information and Suggestions for Patriarchs.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”