Printing past sustaining list.

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
MikeB51

Printing past sustaining list.

Post by MikeB51 »

Hi.

Would someone please know if there is a way for me to access and print Branches past sustaining lists. I am the District Exec and District Historian and I am trying to compile histories for 2014 and 15.

Thank you and kind regards,
Mick
eblood66

Re: Printing past sustaining list.

Post by eblood66 »

If the branch annual history was compiled and submitted as it's supposed to be then you may be able to request a copy of the Church History department (I don't know whether that's possible or exactly who to call but I'd start with the Global Service Center).

But if you're trying to belatedly compile the annual history, then that information isn't retained anywhere else. Unless the members and leaders can reconstruct them from memory, you're out of luck.
MikeB51

Post by MikeB51 »

Thank you for your help, I was afraid this would be the case.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Our ward conference was March 20th, and I was sustained as ward clerk on April 10th. I have been unable to find the Officers Sustained list for the 2016 annual history file, so I created a new one, changing my name back to the old ward clerk.
When I was stake clerk, I had advised ward clerks in my stake to both print multiple copies of the Officers Sustained list, and to "print" it to a PDF using CutePDF, so they could store it with their other historical files in case the hardcopies were lost or damaged.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

The lesson I learned after working for ten years with the stake presidency: Never give a document to the bishopric or the stake presidency that you ever want to see again. If someone needs to sign the document, watch them sign it, and then take it back, and make a photocopy if necessary. If a document (such as a sustaining list or ratification list) does not need to be signed, then print multiple copies of it: one for your files, one for the bishopric or presidency, etc. You may need to print up to four copies of the Officers Sustained list: one to be read at the podium, one or two to be read in priesthood quorums, one for your annual history file, one for the stake clerk's annual history file, etc.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:Unless the members and leaders can reconstruct them from memory, you're out of luck.
You can get some help going though the CDOL. At minimum, it will tell you if that person was in that calling at that time. If the person is still in the district, you may be able to look up their current calling and confirm what prior position they held.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
MikeB51

Post by MikeB51 »

Thank you everyone. I must say it seems a bit strange that our church, being so dedicated to history, doesn't make it something that is backed up or archived. Nothing I can do now though.

Thank you all and kind regards,
Mick.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”