Temple Recommend Name Display

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jbrowntoros

Temple Recommend Name Display

Post by jbrowntoros »

A sister in our stake has been divorced for a good ten years now, but when her TR is scanned at the temple, her ex-husband's surname still appears in brackets after her surname (she long ago reverted back to her maiden name). She would like for this not to appear this way.
I am a Stake Exec Sec and couldn't find anything on LCR that would allow me influence on how it might display on the temple's screen when scanned. The Temple Presidency also alerted me to this and said that all the temple's systems/records/databases show her only as Sister MaidenName, no former married name in brackets.

Where can I change this/ have it changed? Her name is LCR/MLS is only her full (maiden) name also.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Temple Recommend Name Display

Post by lajackson »

Look at the Head of Household entry. You are likely to find the discrepancy there. The last name appears in three or four different places and they all need to be changed. One of them has not been.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

In MLS there's 4 places to look: Full Name, Maiden Name, Preferred Name (all on the individual record screen). But if you switch to the "Household Members" tab, you'll see another place: Household Name. That's probably the one that's giving you grief.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbrowntoros

Post by jbrowntoros »

Thanks I will check that. Will LCR allow me to do this editing? I can't seem to get it to allow me to change a member's email address at the moment (separate matter but same issue)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Household name was recently added to LCR. However, I'm not sure as it gives the stake clerk the rights to edit that. That's really a ward/ward membership clerk responsibility.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”