Home Teacher and Visiting Teacher Access

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
JDixon16510

Home Teacher and Visiting Teacher Access

Post by JDixon16510 »

HT/VT IDEA:
(HT = Home Teachers, VT = Visiting Teachers.)
1. HT/VT Direct Reporting
Add the ability for HT/VT to review and report their family visits directly to the HT/VT reports.
This would help in keeping the reports up to date and help leaders keep track of family visit. Also allowing them to followup with HT/VT before the end of the month to help motivate them as needed.
2. Notes Field
Add a notes field on the families that would be used by the HT/VT and leaders and could be directed to the RS or Quorum Presidencies and or the Bishopric through email as determined by the HT/VT.
This would allow leaders and HT/VT to keep track of needs and other information for a given family. When a new HT/VT is assigned they would have some information to help them become familiar with the family.
3. Printing of assigned Families
A way for a HT/VT to print their assigned families including members and notes if appropriate.
This would give the HT/VT an easy way to review their assignments and any changes made to either the family structure or assignments.

4. HT/VT Consolidated Leadership Report
Add a consolidated report of all Ward families with their assigned HT/VT.
This will allow leaders to review the complete Ward list and see at a glance who is assigned as their VT/HT without having to select each family individually. This will help in coordinating the HT/VT efforts by the Ward Council.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Home Teacher and Visiting Teacher Access

Post by russellhltn »

JDixon16510 wrote:HT/VT Direct Reporting
We've been told this will not be happening. I can only speculate that the leaders want the teachers to "return and report" and not just check off an item.

JDixon16510 wrote: Notes Field
For legal and privacy reasons, I really doubt that will ever come to pass. (Maybe in the Millennium when Christ rules the world.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JDixon16510

Post by JDixon16510 »

Thanks for the quick response. Both of these are great answers and I appreciate the information. What of the last two items?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JDixon16510 wrote:What of the last two items?
Printing of assigned Families
My Magic 8 Ball says "Reply hazy". This might fall into the same idea that HT/VT are to have contact with their leaders. Or, it might not. We'll have to see. Note that such things have to be approved by the Priesthood Department. It's not a developer's prerogative thing. So it's a question of how the Brethren see the issue.

HT/VT Consolidated Leadership Report
I'm not familiar with what reports are available. Something like that might already be there. I believe LDS Tools when used by a leader has a "on demand" lookup of those kinds of things. Since it doesn't sound like any new information that the individual leaders don't already have access to, it seems like a possibility.

The best way to get suggestions to those in charge is to use the feedback link found in LCR. You may not get a response, but it will make it's way to the right people.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JDixon16510

Post by JDixon16510 »

Thanks again.
The report is a consolidation of the information already available to leaders. Right now it is only by individual families or by Quorum reports. A report that lists each family with thier Ht and VT would be good for our PEC and WC meetings to discuss.

Thanks again. I will give the website feedback a try.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”