Suggestion for moving members out of ward

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
knorseth

Suggestion for moving members out of ward

Postby knorseth » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:14 pm

This is a suggestion to add to the move members out of thee ward option in the LCR.

I just moved a 20 year old daughter out of our ward. She is now married, but I do not have her marriage information other than her married name, which I cannot add to her record. She will probably get put in a singles ward when she should not be. I had her new address which I entered in. I did not have the new ward to enter in. The LCR did not provide me with a ward list to select from for her destination.

A simple but very helpful suggestion would be to add a notes section to the move members out that can give more information that will help when contacting them in the new ward. I waited a few of weeks for the marriage information before finally making the move without it. Where it has been a few weeks since I was given the request to move her out to the new address, she is probably not active because she has not been moved into her new ward by the bishop or clerk (I hope the new ward is on the ball on moving new members they meet into their ward).

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Suggestion for moving members out of ward

Postby russellhltn » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:58 pm

knorseth wrote:She will probably get put in a singles ward when she should not be.

Not by default. Her new ward might do that, but I don't think the system ever defaults to "singles".
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

knorseth

Postby knorseth » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:19 pm

I have had this happen a couple of times now where they do assign the right off the bat to a singles ward.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:31 pm

knorseth wrote:She will probably get put in a singles ward when she should not be.

When you move a record you designate the unit. I have moved records in the exact same situation from our YSA unit. I contacted the unit clerk for the receiving unit and gave him the information I had. What they do with the information and the record after it is moved is their responsibility.

knorseth wrote:I had her new address which I entered in. I did not have the new ward to enter in. The LCR did not provide me with a ward list to select from for her destination.

That is a known issue (bug). I've reported the issue and received their response that they are working on the bug. The work around is to use Maps and Meetinghouse Locator to find the unit, if possible, and type it in. If Maps does not provide a unit then I've resorted to calling the GSC to get the unit.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

knorseth

Postby knorseth » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:09 pm

That is why they are reviewed before moved. My topic was a suggestion to the church for a notes field. This can be useful for more than just providing a married name.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”