New Stake and moving membership records

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: New Stake and moving membership records

Post by scgallafent »

lajackson wrote:In the meantime, don't forget to have each ward update MLS with the new stake unit number and name in the Systems area.
If it's working correctly, MLS should eventually update itself, but it doesn't hurt to check.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

scgallafent wrote:
lajackson wrote:In the meantime, don't forget to have each ward update MLS with the new stake unit number and name in the Systems area.
If it's working correctly, MLS should eventually update itself, but it doesn't hurt to check.
Good to know. A few years ago (before LCR) we had to do it manually.

And I guess it shouldn't take a week for LCR to change. A day or two seems reasonable. What a wonderfully connected world it has become.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

lajackson wrote:
scgallafent wrote:
Good to know. A few years ago (before LCR) we had to do it manually.
There was some work in MLS 3.7.4 and the full fix was made in MLS 3.8.1. The QA notes indicate the fix worked when tested -- we'll see! ;)

In this case, MLS should update the first time a ward gets any kind of update to a membership record.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

rickk wrote: On lds.org, I can see that I am assigned to the new stake, but I can still see the leadership in the old stake because I am still listed as an Asst Stake Clerk (out of unit now, I guess). Not sure if that will drop off automatically, ...
russellhltn wrote:I'm not sure as the "release" system works properly if there's no ward change.
CDOL should release the stake positions for those that changed stakes (I put that in our last release), so I will look and see why that didn't happen.
rickk

Post by rickk »

OK - so our 2nd counselor added me as an Asst Clerk on LCR and I can see that I am also listed in CDOL now. However, when I go to LCR, I am still only seeing the info for the old stake where I am also listed a Asst Stake Clerk. Do I need to wait 12+ hours for this to change or should it be working now? It propagated to CDOL almost immediately, so it definitely is in the system. I was expecting to have a drop down show up where the stake name is, but that hasn't happened yet...
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

rickk wrote:OK - so our 2nd counselor added me as an Asst Clerk on LCR and I can see that I am also listed in CDOL now. However, when I go to LCR, I am still only seeing the info for the old stake where I am also listed a Asst Stake Clerk. Do I need to wait 12+ hours for this to change or should it be working now? It propagated to CDOL almost immediately, so it definitely is in the system. I was expecting to have a drop down show up where the stake name is, but that hasn't happened yet...
You need to wait.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

rickk wrote:OK - so our 2nd counselor added me as an Asst Clerk on LCR and I can see that I am also listed in CDOL now. However, when I go to LCR, I am still only seeing the info for the old stake where I am also listed a Asst Stake Clerk. Do I need to wait 12+ hours for this to change or should it be working now? It propagated to CDOL almost immediately, so it definitely is in the system. I was expecting to have a drop down show up where the stake name is, but that hasn't happened yet...
Yes you will have to wait until this evening. CDOL is the system of record for callings. LCR writes them directly there. Unfortunately the authorization system pulls data from CDOL every 6 hours, so you have to wait for that to happen before you get your new permissions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The systems do need time to talk - even if the information is there. Since you have two positions , likely with the same calling(!) you may have a drop-down list to select which calling you are using for this visit to LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rickk

Post by rickk »

Thanks. That helps to know the real expectations. We always hear "24-48 hours" but then most of the time when you make a change it is reflected within a few minutes. Knowing the "every 6 hours" is very helpful to calm us engineer types and help us not be (too) impatient... :-)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's permissions the generally need time. Many other changes are close to real-time, but not permissions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”