Elders Quorum Member List vs. Home Teaching Households

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
erinkalani

Elders Quorum Member List vs. Home Teaching Households

Post by erinkalani »

I recently updated my Elders Quorum Member list online to reflect recent reassignments (some Elders moved to the High Priests Group and some Prospective Elders were moved back into the EQ list). For some reason the Households list does not reflect these changes. I would think that when I move an individual from the EQ to the HP Group, they would no longer show up on my Households list, and vice versa. That however has not been the case. I still have people I moved out of our quorum on our Households, and some people I moved into our quorum still only appear on the Households list of the HP Group. Is there a reason for this, or is there something I need to do to reconcile those lists?

I am able to assign whomever I want home teachers under the Companionships tab, but it would be nice if I could use the Households list to show me all of the households we need to visit in line with the EQ Member list.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Elders Quorum Member List vs. Home Teaching Households

Post by russellhltn »

erinkalani wrote:For some reason the Households list does not reflect these changes.
That is correct. As far as we can tell, it's not designed to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There are other threads discussing this issue.

A household with an Elder as head of household will only appear on the Elders Quorum lists regardless of what quorum the brother has been assigned to be a member. A household with any other head of household, such as a single sister or prospective elder, will only appear on the High Priest Group lists. You can assign an Elder to be a member of the High Priest Group but his household will only appear on the Elders Quorum list to be home taught and on the Elders Quorum list of available members to be assigned as a companionship.

This is not a programming bug or oversight. It is in accordance with the business model the programmers were given by the Priesthood Department. We will have to stay tuned to see if the model provided will change to meet the varying needs discussed in the Forum and provided as feedback through the LCR feedback link.

You can provide your suggested changes by submitting feedback through the LCR feedback link. Your local priesthood leaders can also discuss the issues up through the priesthood chain to the Priesthood Department.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
erinkalani

Post by erinkalani »

Ok thanks. Good to know!
erinkalani

Post by erinkalani »

A follow up to this discussion...how do I update/edit the Households list? Will the Households list update automatically when I change the Home Teaching Assignments on the Companionships tab?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

erinkalani wrote:A follow up to this discussion...how do I update/edit the Households list? Will the Households list update automatically when I change the Home Teaching Assignments on the Companionships tab?
When a priesthood holder is assigned to a companionship his name will be removed from the list of brethren available to be assigned to a companionship. When a household previously unassigned to be home taught is assigned to be taught by a companionship that household will no longer appear on the unassigned list. There is nothing you can do to edit either list.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jburg

Post by jburg »

If it's helpful for anyone, I thought I would add that this post explains that someone on the Elder's Quorum home teaching households list still can be assigned to the High Priests Group to be home taught (and vice-versa) only by going to the "Companionships" tab and adding the household to a specific companionship. The ensuing discussion after that provides further background and explanation.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jburg wrote:If it's helpful for anyone, I thought I would add that this post explains that someone on the Elder's Quorum home teaching households list still can be assigned to the High Priests Group to be home taught (and vice-versa) only by going to the "Companionships" tab and adding the household to a specific companionship. The ensuing discussion after that provides further background and explanation.
That is correct. However, the topic of this thread is how to modify the households list. While related to assigning a household to be home taught the OP was looking for a way to edit or modify the households list to reflect the households assigned to a quorum.
JD Lessley

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”