Home/Visiting Teaching performance

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mstauff
Church Employee
Church Employee

Home/Visiting Teaching performance

Postby mstauff » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:29 am

With some of the new features in the last release, performance of the home & visiting teaching site was negatively impacted. Depending on the size of your ward/branch and your browser/device combination, you may be seeing some unresponsive script errors, or just extreme slowness in changing tabs between the households and companionships tabs. Firefox on windows is where we've mostly seen the unresponsive script error. On mobile devices you may see the spinner freeze and just have to wait a long time for the tab switch to take effect. As a workaround on PC's you can try using Chrome, or if you get the unresponsive script error in Firefox you can check the "don't notify me again" box, click "continue" and the page should eventually render. The only workaround on mobile is to be patient, the tab should eventually load.

We've identified the issue, and it should be much improved in our next release (coming "soon").

badjammer55

Re: Home/Visiting Teaching performance

Postby badjammer55 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:53 pm

I see you are aware of the problem, but it seems more severe than this post suggests because I am receiving "unresponsive script" error in both Firefox and Safari on a mac, and it freezes my browser every time. The only solution is a force quit to the application. I have been unable to enter any home teaching for a while now.

mstauff
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Home/Visiting Teaching performance

Postby mstauff » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:53 pm

We released an update that should eliminate the unresponsive script errors and improve performance when switching between tabs.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”