Online Store ideas and suggestions.

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jimbaird
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Online Store ideas and suggestions.

Post by jimbaird »

jdlessley wrote:There's currently a problem in identifying who made an order. Linking a member's log on to the order with the member's name appearing on the IROP would be helpful.
Thanks for your suggestion. This is currently on the list of work to do and we will be discussing when this will be completed in our planning meeting on Monday.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

jimbaird wrote:Right now you can call the GSC and return the item. I will add this to the list of evaluating how we can return items using an online process. Thanks for the suggestion.
Yes. I'm thinking of ways to offload the call center. Another one that I thought of is the fact that some items (like the food order form for the bishop's storehouse) can only be ordered by calling in. If it cannot be offered online, at least have a message that it exists and how to get it.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

One thing I've noticed is that the store times out after a certain amount of time on a page, even if I'm not logged in. For example, if I have a few pages up for reference later in the day, when I come back to it it says it timed out and I have to navigate to the item again.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I've noticed that many of the items that are available online have a generic link under "Other options" on the left. For example, on Hymns and Children's Songs:
http://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... -1__197087
No matter what language you select, the download link always downloads the Marshallese book.

It would take some extra data entry, or tying into another database, but it would be nice if those options were more specific and relevant.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I would like to be able to see which items are available based on calling. For example, if I'm logged in as a clerk, I can order sacrament cups – but, there's no indicator that says who can order sacrament cups, so I might assume that any member could order them, or maybe the bishop and clerk can see something but a bishopric member can't – it's not clear what I see because of my calling, and who else can see it.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”