Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Post by scgallafent »

skyjones wrote:I am a Senior Missionary serving in the Philippines - Quezon City North Mission, Baliwag 2nd Branch, Baliwag District and can not seem to get access to LCR. I am serving in the Branch Presidency and it shows in MLS, but not on the lds.org site. I have been added as an out-of-unit member.
Your calling needs to be recorded using LCR. I just looked and the first counselor in the branch presidency is not assigned. That is consistent with your comment that it does not show "on the lds.org site." It sounds like you're trying to do this in MLS and the branch has been moved to LCR.

The branch president or branch clerk needs to do the following:
  • Choose Members > Manage Out-of-Unit Members from the menu
  • Follow the process there to add you as an out-of-unit member
  • Choose Organizations > Branch Presidency from the menu
  • Click the Edit button for the appropriate position and assign you to that position
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

While talking with our CES Institute Senior missionary couple, I found out that they don't have access to our YSA ward directory. They are listed as out-of-unit members in the ward. They don't do much with the mission out here. Is it even possible for them to have access? Part of their assignment is working with LAs and RCs, but lack the ability to look members up in LDS Tools.

I can see in LCR that they do not have any callings listed in our ward. Could that be partly why they don't have access to the directory? All of my previous out-of-unit member experience was local bishopric members and their wives. I know for the wives they asked them to work with family history so that they could have standard callings in our YSA ward.

This couple only needs directory access, no LCR access.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kellymab wrote:I can see in LCR that they do not have any callings listed in our ward. Could that be partly why they don't have access to the directory?
Probably.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kellymab wrote:I can see in LCR that they do not have any callings listed in our ward. Could that be partly why they don't have access to the directory?
I do not know what access to the Directory someone gets without a standard calling. I do know that when an out-of-unit member is added and given a standard calling, they get access to everything that relates to that calling, and in general, the computers all seem happier.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

When out-of-unit members were entirely in MLS, the member had to be added to a standard calling or else LDS.org and the LDS Tools app didn't find their out-of-unit record, tie them to their service ward, or give them access. Giving them a standard calling, like "Indexing Worker" for example, gave them access to the things a regular member would have (Directory, Calendar, LDS Tools app, etc. for both wards). That was with MLS; I don't know what Leader and Clerk Resources requires.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

Update:
At church today, the Elder and I spoke with the bishop about giving him a calling listed in LCR. Initially the bishop put the in a custom "LDSSA Advisor" calling. After updating the CES missionary's LDS Tools, he still did not have access to the ward directory. Our bishop showed me what he did in LCR, and we went back in and found the standard calling " Young Single Adult Advisor". Violà! We were finally able to see the couple listed in LDS Tools (iOS and Android) and they were able to see the ward directory.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note the permissions can frequently take a day or so. But that said, I wouldn't surprise me if custom positions don't work for that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Note the permissions can frequently take a day or so. But that said, I wouldn't surprise me if custom positions don't work for that.
Custom positions do not grant any access at all. Always use a standard position, when able.
mikeadamson

Post by mikeadamson »

I am a senior missionary serving in the Philippines Cavite Mission. I have recently been called and set apart as the second councillor in the Mission Presidency. How can I be added, so I have access to LDS Tools, and LCR etc. I would be very grateful for some help with this please.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

mikeadamson wrote:I am a senior missionary serving in the Philippines Cavite Mission. I have recently been called and set apart as the second councillor in the Mission Presidency. How can I be added, so I have access to LDS Tools, and LCR etc. I would be very grateful for some help with this please.
President Cauilan (or an assistant) will need to add your name to that position in LCR, you will then have the access you need. It sometimes takes a day or two to fully propagate the church's servers, so check with him if you still don't have access by January. Best wishes for your new calling!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”