Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
gudmundsonsc
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Postby gudmundsonsc » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:16 am

I am now Assistant Stake Clerk in a Provo YSA Stake and need some answers regarding Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR).

We have 11 out-of-unit sisters called as Relief Society Advisers, one per ward to help the young Relief Society presidencies in each ward. They advise the ward RS presidency similar to the way that a high councilor advises an Elders Quorum presidency.

These out-of-unit sisters need access to the stake and ward directory and visiting teaching information in LCR. I have assigned them as out-of-unit Stake Young Single Adult Advisers, assuming this would grant them access to at least the stake and ward directory, but I’m getting reports it did not give them access to the directory.

I am now recommending a ward clerk assign them as an out-of-unit ward Relief Society Assistant Secretary. Does this exist as a standard position? Does it grant them access to the directory and the RS VT information in LCR?

Per your understanding of the system, what do you recommend we do to get these out-of-unit sisters the information they need to fulfill their calling?

Thanks,

Steve Gudmundson

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah

Re: Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Postby scgallafent » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:01 am

If they need access to Relief Society visiting teaching information, Relief Society Assistant Secretary is probably your only realistic option.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20732
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Postby russellhltn » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:25 am

gudmundsonsc wrote:They advise the ward RS presidency similar to the way that a high councilor advises an Elders Quorum presidency.


Note that stake auxiliary leaders and High Councilors don't have access to LCR. (Or HT/VT reports) See the first question in the LCR FAQs..
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
sbradshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Provo, UT
Contact:

Re: Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Postby sbradshaw » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:19 am

We have out-of-unit Relief Society Advisers in our YSA stake as well. They have access to the LDS.org Directory and the ward/stake directory in LDS Tools for our YSA stake. They do not have access to Leader and Clerk Resources, and they haven't requested or needed access to fulfill their calling. High councilors don't have access to Leader and Clerk Resources, and neither does the stake Relief Society Presidency. Ultimately it's up to your stake presidency, but looking at the Church-established pattern of what information stake callings normally have access to, I would recommend leaving them as Stake Young Single Adult Advisers. They should be able to see the ward and stake directory in LDS Tools and in the LDS.org Directory.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

mevans
Senior Member
Posts: 1280
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Postby mevans » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:29 am

scgallafent wrote:If they need access to Relief Society visiting teaching information, Relief Society Assistant Secretary is probably your only realistic option.

I thought you mentioned previously that out-of-unit people were specifically excluded from HT/VT. Has this changed?

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14685
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Postby aebrown » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:43 am

mevans wrote:
scgallafent wrote:If they need access to Relief Society visiting teaching information, Relief Society Assistant Secretary is probably your only realistic option.

I thought you mentioned previously that out-of-unit people were specifically excluded from HT/VT. Has this changed?

I'm guessing you're thinking of this post. But that only says that out-of-unit members cannot be assigned as home teachers or visiting teachers. They can, however, be given callings that allow them to view or manage HT/VT in LCR.

gudmundsonsc
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Re: Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Postby gudmundsonsc » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:04 am

sbradshaw wrote:We have out-of-unit Relief Society Advisers in our YSA stake as well. They have access to the LDS.org Directory and the ward/stake directory in LDS Tools for our YSA stake. They do not have access to Leader and Clerk Resources, and they haven't requested or needed access to fulfill their calling. High councilors don't have access to Leader and Clerk Resources, and neither does the stake Relief Society Presidency. Ultimately it's up to your stake presidency, but looking at the Church-established pattern of what information stake callings normally have access to, I would recommend leaving them as Stake Young Single Adult Advisers. They should be able to see the ward and stake directory in LDS Tools and in the LDS.org Directory.


Given the reasons why stake leaders do not have access to Leader and Clerk Resources, we have decided not to find a way that High Councilors nor YSA RS Advisers would have access to VT/HT summary or details. They will work through the local ward EQ/RS presidencies as needed to review such information as they help and mentor the local ward presidencies in their callings. We have assigned the RS Advisers as Stake YSA Advisers and assume this will be sufficient to grant them access to the directory.

See https://www.lds.org/help/support/leader-and-clerk-resources-faqs

skyjones
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Postby skyjones » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:12 pm

I am a Senior Missionary serving in the Philippines - Quezon City North Mission, Baliwag 2nd Branch, Baliwag District and can not seem to get access to LCR. I am serving in the Branch Presidency and it shows in MLS, but not on the lds.org site. I have been added as an out-of-unit member.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6129
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Postby lajackson » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:34 am

skyjones wrote:I have been added as an out-of-unit member.

After the branch adds you as an out-of-unit member, they need to go to LCR and add you in your calling in the branch presidency. Then you should have access to LCR.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: Out-Of-Unit Member Access to Directory and RS VT LCR

Postby jonesrk » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:32 am

lajackson wrote:
skyjones wrote:I have been added as an out-of-unit member.

After the branch adds you as an out-of-unit member, they need to go to LCR and add you in your calling in the branch presidency. Then you should have access to LCR.

After you calling is recorded it takes a few hours to get propagated to the permission system, so you will need to be a bit patient.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk


Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cspinfo@telus.net and 1 guest