RS District Supervisor problem

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

RS District Supervisor problem

Post by zaneclark »

In trying to add a new District Supervisor, I keep getting the message that "A member must have a leadership roll in the organization before they can be assigned as a supervisor." I know that for most of current supervisors., this is their ONLY calling... What am I doing wrong?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: RS District Supervisor problem

Post by russellhltn »

The person must be given the calling before they can be assigned. Assigning them does not give them the calling.

There should be a calling like "VT Supervisor".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I assume you're looking at the home teaching or visiting teaching screens. You need to give them a calling under Callings by Organization first, then they'll appear in the home or visiting teaching screens to be assigned to a specific district.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mitchellclingo

Post by mitchellclingo »

I'm having the same problem but for Elder's Quorum, and all of the Home Teaching Supervisors are already updated under the Callings by Organization page. However, I still cannot set them as Supervisors over their districts on the home teaching page.
naomic

Post by naomic »

We have visiting teaching supervisors listed in the organization section. No changes were made on our end, but with the new update to LCR all the districts now show that there is no visiting teaching supervisor for any of the districts. When I tried to add them back in, I get the message stated above "A member must have . . ."). The only options that are available to me to choose are RS presidency members. However, when I check under RS callings, all the supervisors are still listed as having the supervisor calling.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

naomic wrote:We have visiting teaching supervisors listed in the organization section. No changes were made on our end, but with the new update to LCR all the districts now show that there is no visiting teaching supervisor for any of the districts. When I tried to add them back in, I get the message stated above "A member must have . . ."). The only options that are available to me to choose are RS presidency members. However, when I check under RS callings, all the supervisors are still listed as having the supervisor calling.
Your visiting teaching coordinator and supervisors are all in custom positions. For this to work correctly, they all need to be assigned the standard position of "Relief Society Visiting Teaching District Supervisor" (or coordinator, for the sister that is the coordinator). Once that is done, you assign them to districts in the visiting teaching application.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”