"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sebastian.buck

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by sebastian.buck »

chriswoodut wrote:There are many variables that could be the cause and without an admin on the recipient end and an admin on the lds.org end testing it together, I don't know that we'll figure out the edge cases. Awhile back I glanced at the SPF headers in the received emails and they do look ok.
I absolutely agree. I remember once getting an error message regarding SPF.

The problem however is that we are supposed to use the church's email system and discouraged to use our private email service to send out messages to members. I agree with it. But in this case the system has to work reliably. Because right now I'm forced to use my personal email service.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

sebastian.buck wrote:
chriswoodut wrote:There are many variables that could be the cause and without an admin on the recipient end and an admin on the lds.org end testing it together, I don't know that we'll figure out the edge cases. Awhile back I glanced at the SPF headers in the received emails and they do look ok.
I absolutely agree. I remember once getting an error message regarding SPF.

The problem however is that we are supposed to use the church's email system and discouraged to use our private email service to send out messages to members. I agree with it. But in this case the system has to work reliably. Because right now I'm forced to use my personal email service.
I believe SPF is correct from my looking at it. I use the send-a-message tool every week (ward email blast), sometimes more than once and I've only had one person complain about not getting something.
taftkyleseth1

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR_Attachments

Post by taftkyleseth1 »

I am an elders quorum secretary and regularly use the send a message application. I frequently need to attach a document to the e-mails I send to the quorum. In the past two or three months, the attach function is not working. It just lists the name of the attachment and shows the attachment size as 1 MB, which means there is nothing really attached. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

taftkyleseth1 wrote:It just lists the name of the attachment and shows the attachment size as 1 MB, which means there is nothing really attached.
How big is the attachment that you're trying to send? 1MB can be a fairly large (content-wise) attachment if it's all text.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:
taftkyleseth1 wrote:It just lists the name of the attachment and shows the attachment size as 1 MB, which means there is nothing really attached.
How big is the attachment that you're trying to send? 1MB can be a fairly large (content-wise) attachment if it's all text.
I wonder if the poster meant 1kb instead of 1mb... I have never had a problem adding an attachment as ward clerk. None have been huge, but some have been between 1mb and 2mb.
chrispremo

Post by chrispremo »

Does the Ward Missionary Leader have permissions to send a message via Leaders and Clerk Resources?
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

chrispremo wrote:Does the Ward Missionary Leader have permissions to send a message via Leaders and Clerk Resources?
https://lcr.lds.org/access-table?lang=eng

I think this chart indicates the ward mission leader does have access.
dhollowell

Post by dhollowell »

Hello,

I had a sister approach me yesterday with a perplexing issue involving the Send A Message function. I’m the Program Coordinator in our ward (also the EQ Secretary), and I send out the Sunday program on Saturday evening. This sister is divorced and has her records in Ward A. However, since her ex-husband also is in Ward A, she has approval from the Stake President to attend Ward B (my ward). She told me that she doesn’t receive the Sunday program email I send every Saturday. Yesterday, I looked at LCR and saw her name on the “All Adults” listing, but the email icon (envelope) wasn’t there. There’s a record for her in both wards, and both records contain her email address, but she is only getting emails from Ward A currently. Is there a work-around so that she can get emails from both Ward A and Ward B?? Since she’s attending Ward B, she’d love to get emails directed to our adult members in Ward B. Thanks for your assistance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to ask the bishop to read Handbook 1: 13.6, second paragraph. That would allow you to move her records into Ward B.

As far as I know, out-of-unit records for adults are to be used for those with out-of-unit callings. It may not work for what you're trying to do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dhollowell

Post by dhollowell »

@russellhltn, thank you. The sister was recently called to a position in Ward B and I suspect our clerk may have used the out-of-unit calling function. When I spoke with the sister yesterday she was quite surprised that her record was in Ward B, too. From your reply, if the sister wants to get emails from both wards, it sounds like one ward will need to manually send/forward emails to her. I’m not sure if there is any “gain” in transferring her record to my ward. I can simply manually forward the Sunday program to her. Unless I forget, which I NEVER do!! LOL

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”