"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dostlc

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by dostlc »

I'm the high priests group secretary and I do not get the applications drop down menu so I can't send group email. The ward clerk has this ability, but not me. Help!
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

How about the directory option:
In Directory: Ward Organizations -> High Priests shows an 'Email all High Priests' button or link that brings up a list of email addresses that can be copy-pasted into an email client.
Does that work for you? If not, check whether your calling is recorded as a standard calling or a custom calling.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

One of the peculiarities of Send a Message is that it is ONLY available to the bishopric and clerks. All others have to use the Directory with the "select and paste" method. The advantage with the Directory, as has been noted elsewhere, is that you can include attachments including photos in your messages.
jtjacks

Post by jtjacks »

Please - someone correct me if I am mistaken, but IIRC, the "directory" method will only allow him to send to members who have set their privacy profile to allow all members visibility. The LCR "Send a Message" method will get those same people plus all of those who have set privacy to "leaders only".

The coverage can be significantly different.
petrarque

Post by petrarque »

And how about sending a message to Sunday School teachers, for example. I'm the SS President and I can't find any easy way to do this. Best I can do is one class at a time and that from my phone. Not exactly convenient. I can e-mail sunday school students easier than teachers ...
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Go to the Sunday School under Ward Leaders in the Directory. Select "Email Sunday School Leaders." Copy and paste only the teachers in your mail program. The easiest way to do this is to copy and paste all the names and then delete those who are not teachers.
tincupman

Post by tincupman »

Why aren't high councilman able to send a message? Very inconvenient. I am trying to send an email to Ward Mission Leaders to organize a training/meeting and I have no access to send an email from LCR and instead it appears I have to retrieve everyone's email and then send an email from my gmail account which in my opinion is very unprofessional.

Does anyone know if a High Councilman has access to LCR to send an email message to select members of the Stake or is that function only available for the Stake Presidency, Stake Clerk, and Stake Executive Secretary?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tincupman wrote:or is that function only available for the Stake Presidency, Stake Clerk, and Stake Executive Secretary?
This.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

If you have a mobile device, you could use easily use LDS Tools to create a list which allows you to send an email or text message to those on the list.
jtjacks

Post by jtjacks »

This thread is starting to loop.
tincupman should look back a few months (September) in this thread.
There is a discussion of the three common email tools we have - (1) the "send message" function limited to just a few leaders, (2) the "directory" function available to many more people, and (3) the LDS tool function. I suspect he would be well served by the "directory" function.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”