New RS Secretary LCR help

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jdr1121

New RS Secretary LCR help

Post by jdr1121 »

I have just been called as the RS secretary for my ward. My President has listed me as so on LCR so I can help with role and other responsibilities. But when I go to access this program I am denied access. Anyone know how to fix this?
drepouille

Re: New RS Secretary LCR help

Post by drepouille »

Which President? Did they use a standard calling or a custom calling for you? Is your LDS Account correctly linked to your membership record number?
Hopefully they waited for you to be sustained in Sacrament meeting.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jdr1121

Re: New RS Secretary LCR help

Post by jdr1121 »

drepouille wrote:Which President? Did they use a standard calling or a custom calling for you? Is your LDS Account correctly linked to your membership record number?
Hopefully they waited for you to be sustained in Sacrament meeting.
The Relief Society President did it. My LDS Account is linked and yes I was sustained and set apart yesterday.
eblood66

Re: New RS Secretary

Post by eblood66 »

jdr1121 wrote:I have just been called as the RS secretary for my ward. My President has listed me as so on LCR so I can help with role and other responsibilities. But when I go to access this program I am denied access. Anyone know how to fix this?
How long has it been since the change was made? There is a delay between when the change is made and when rights are granted. Usually it's a few hours but it could be up to a day. I'd wait at least a day and a half before worrying about it.

If it's been longer than that then you should have your president or the ward clerk check whether there is a asterisk by your calling in LCR. If so then you've been entered with a custom position which doesn't give any rights. In that's the case then you need to be re-entered using the correct standard position.
jdr1121

Re: New RS Secretary

Post by jdr1121 »

eblood66 wrote:
jdr1121 wrote:I have just been called as the RS secretary for my ward. My President has listed me as so on LCR so I can help with role and other responsibilities. But when I go to access this program I am denied access. Anyone know how to fix this?
How long has it been since the change was made? There is a delay between when the change is made and when rights are granted. Usually it's a few hours but it could be up to a day. I'd wait at least a day and a half before worrying about it.

If it's been longer than that then you should have your president or the ward clerk check whether there is a asterisk by your calling in LCR. If so then you've been entered with a custom position which doesn't give any rights. In that's the case then you need to be re-entered using the correct standard position.
Great I'll start there! Thank you!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”